Scroll to top
© 2020 Cliniaeal All Rights Reserved

Aids – What Is It?

Aids is a syndrome that there is no cure for. It is exchanged between body fluids and is preventable. Aids is responsible for many deaths each year.

Aids stands for acquired immune deficiency syndrome. This means that it is contagious and can lead to a weakened immune system and cause a bunch of health problems. Aids is the final process in infection called HIV. There is no cure for Aids at this time. It can be passed from person to person through the exchange of body fluids. There are ways to prevent it from spreading and things to know to keep you safe.

What are HIV and AIDS?

HIV is passed on to a person by an infected person. This can be contacted through sex, sharing needles with an infected person, being born to an infected mother or drinking breast milk from an infected person. And in very rare circumstances HIV can be transmitted through oral sex and kissing when there is a deep sore in the mouth. In the past HIV was transmitted through blood transfusions but now screen tests for it before blood is given to someone who needs it.

HIV has no symptoms and cannot be found in the blood for months after infection. That is why when someone comes in to be tested for HIV they are told to come back in six months for another test just to be sure. Symptoms can first appear like a runny nose with things like fever, headache, body aches, swollen glands, stomach and joint pain that may last for several weeks. This usually passes and the person goes on with their life and they may not know that this is actually the emergence of HIV regulation.

A person can have HIV for up to ten years and show no signs. However, this disease still works because it deteriorates the body over time creating a weak immune system. When HIV is first transmitted to someone, their body will make anti-bodies to fight it. When a blood test is taken it is an anti-body which is shown and that tells the laboratory technician that HIV is present.

HIV works by destroying CD4 cells that help your immune system work. Healthy people have anywhere from 500 to 1500 of these CD4 cells. Aids are present when these cells drop below 200 CD4 cells. A person can receive treatment that can slow down the process of HivFree Articles, the Antiretroviral drug works by trying to keep some of these cells alive as long as possible.

In the 1990s Aids was the leading cause of death. There are currently 1 to 1.2 million people infected with the virus in the US alone. And studies show that a quarter of these people don’t even know they have it. Statistics also reveal that 75% of infected people are men while the remaining 25% are women.

Transmission of HIV/AIDS

To prevent HIV and Aids it is advised not to share needles with anyone for any reason. Keeping yourself safe may mean That you should keep the needles scattered and to always have them with you if you feel you may be using them during the day. Another way to prevent HIV is to test you and your partner before they are active. It’s also healthier to have multiple sexual partners and use protection when you are engaging in sex or oral sex. Even one time without a condom or shared needle sex can lead to lifelong HIV.

HIV will eventually lead to Aids for which there is no cure. Medicines can help slow the process down but the time span for a person infected with HIV is not known to peak at around ten years during which AIDs enter and the immune system begins to shut down. That makes common illness deadly for someone with the disease.

Related posts

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *